Iron Gods: The Choking Tower
Body found by the technic league, he was rebuilt into the ultimate bounty hunter
he product of a crazed technological fusing of man, wolf, and black dragon, Moncrief the Unborn stands six and a half feet tall. He shifts between two forms. The first, more presentable form is a muscle-bound gentleman with silver-streaked black hair and skin tones that shimmer between olive and silver. His dress is the best that his Torch-scavenging can afford. At will, he can shift, splitting his clothes at the seams, taking on a humanoid form with patches of wolf hair, black dragon scales, and cybernetic implants. Claws sprout – one lupine, one draconic, both with bionic enhancements – and his teeth grow sharp as a dragon’s while his canines grow as large as a werewolf’s. The machine implants in his irises cycle each eye between an amber serpentine slit and a cerulean lupine oval with a frequency of 0.25 Hz. His tears are acid and burn his own skin, unless he is shifted.
CG Witchwolf Skinwalker Bloodrager (draconic bloodline; rageshaper archetype) 5
Init + 2; Senses – Low-light vision (Darkvision when shifted with appropriate form selected); Perception + 2 (+ 3 when shifted)
AC 20 (18 raging), touch 13 (+ 6 MW chainmail, + 2 Dex, ring + 1, natural + 1)
OR AC 22 (20 raging), touch 13 (+ 6 MW chainmail, + 2 Dex, + 2 heavy wooden shield, ring + 1, natural + 1)
hp 63 (73 raging) ( (20 L1,L2 + 6 L3 + 6 L4 + 6 L5 + 15 Con + 5 FC + 5 Toughness; + 10 raging)
Fort + 8 (+ 10 raging), Ref + 4, Will + 2 (+ 3 shifted, + 4 raging, + 5 raging and shifted)
**+ 2 to all saves when shifted with appropriate ability selected
Uncanny dodge (cannot be caught flat-footed)
Hero points: 1
Acid resistance 5
Speed 40 ft (30 ft in MW chainmail)
Rage rounds used today: 2/15
- Raging: dragon claw + 11 / 2d8 + 5 and wolf claw + 11/2d6 + 5; when shifted with bite add bite + 10 / 1d6 + 5 (no shield)
- Raging: dragon claw + 11 / 2d8 + 5; when shifted with bite add bite + 10 / 1d6 + 5 (with shield)
- Raging: Androffan-inscribed Black Horses spear + 10 / 1d8 + 6 (no shield)
- Raging: silver hunga munga + 10 / 1d6 + 4; if shifted with bite add 1 bite + 5 / 1d6 + 3 (with shield)
- Raging: longspear + 10 / 1d8 + 5
- Raging: + 1 greatclub dipped in Smiler gore + 11 / 1d10 + 8; when shifted with bite add bite + 5 / 1d6 + 3 (no shield)
- Not raging: bite + 8 / 1d6 + 3 (with shield) (shifted with bite)
- Not raging: silver hunga munga + 8 / 1d6 + 2; when shifted with bite add 1 bite + 2 / 1d6 + 1 (with shield)
- Not raging: Androffan-inscribed Black Horses spear: + 8 / 1d8 + 4; when shifted with bite add 1 bite + 3 / 1d6 + 1 (no shield)
- Not raging: Longspear + 8 / 1d8 + 4
- Not raging: + 1 greatclub dipped in Smiler gore + 9 / 1d10 + 5; when shifted with bite add bite + 3 / 1d6 + 1 (no shield)
NB wolf claw and dragon claw are magic weapons.
- Raging: silver hunga munga + 7 / 1d6 + 4
- Raging: Androffan-inscribed Black Horses spear + 7 / 1d8 + 5
- Raging and not raging: +1 composite longbow + 8 / 1d8 + 1
- Not raging: silver hunga munga + 7 / 1d6 + 2
- Not raging: Black Horses Spear + 7 / 1d8 + 3
Str 17 Dex 14 Con 16 Int 6 Wis 10 (12 shifted) Cha 12
Base Atk + 4; CMB + 7 (+ 9 raging); CMD 19 (21 raging)
Feats: Toughness, Weapon focus (claw), Improved Natural Attack (claw)
Traits: Numerian Archeologist (Androffan language, roll twice and choose result when causing a glitch); Lycanthropic Bloodlust (gain 1d6 temp. HP on hit with natural attack; 1/day).
Skills (2/level): Acrobatics + 10 (+ 6 in MW chain armor); Intimidate + 7; Perception + 2 (+ 3 shifted (any form)); Survival + 6 (+ 7 shifted (any form))
Spells known: Chill touch, windy escape, long arm
Spells cast today: 1
- +2 Perception
- Low-light vision
- wild empathy (+2)
- magic fang (1/day)
- When shifted: + 2 Wisdom, – 4 penalty on Cha checks with non-shifters
- Each time you shift (standard action, 4/day), choose one of the following:
—Bite attack that deals 1d6 points of damage
—Darkvision 60 feet
—+ 2 racial bonus on all saving throws
Languages: Common, Androffan
Favored Class: Bloodrager (L1 hit points! L2 hit points! L3 Hit points! Pattern continues.)
- Draconic bloodline: At 1st level, you grow claws. These claws are treated as natural weapons, allowing you to make two claw attacks as a full attack, using your full base attack bonus. These attacks deal 1d6 points of damage each (1d4 if you are Small) plus your Strength modifier. At 4th level, these claws are considered magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction. At 8th level, the damage increases to 1d8 points (1d6 if you are Small). At 12th level, these claws deal an additional 1d6 points of damage of your energy type on a hit.
- Bloodrage (unchained): The bloodrager’s source of internal power grants him the ability to bloodrage. At 1st level, a bloodrager can rage for a number of rounds per day equal to 4 + her Constitution modifier. For each level after 1st she possesses, the bloodrager can rage for 2 additional rounds per day. Temporary increases to Constitution, such as that gained from bear’s endurance, do not increase the total number of rounds that a bloodrager can rage per day. A bloodrager can enter a rage as a free action. The total number of rounds of rage per day is renewed after resting for 8 hours, although these hours need not be consecutive.
While in a rage, a bloodrager gains a +2 bonus on melee attack rolls, melee damage rolls, thrown weapon damage rolls, and Will saving throws. In addition, she takes a –2 penalty to Armor Class. She also gains 2 temporary hit points per Hit Die. These temporary hit points are lost first when a character takes damage, disappear when the rage ends, and are not replenished if the bloodrager enters a rage again within 1 minute of her previous rage. While in a rage, a bloodrager cannot use any Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skill (except Acrobatics, Fly, Intimidate, and Ride) or any ability that requires patience or concentration (such as spellcasting).
A bloodrager can end her rage as a free action, and is fatigued for 1 minute after a rage ends. A bloodrager can’t enter a new rage while fatigued or exhausted, but can otherwise enter a rage multiple times per day. If a bloodrager falls unconscious, her rage immediately ends.
Bloodrage counts as the barbarian’s rage class feature for the purpose of feat prerequisites, feat abilities, magic item abilities, and spell effects.
- Fast movement
- Uncanny Dodge (Ex): At 2nd level, a bloodrager can react to danger before his senses would normally allow him to do so. He cannot be caught flat-footed, nor does he lose his Dexterity bonus to AC if the attacker is invisible. He still loses his Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. A bloodrager with this ability can still lose his Dexterity bonus to AC if an opponent successfully uses the feint action against him.
- Blood Casting (Su): At 4th level, the bloodrager gains the ability to cast spells even while bloodraging. He can also cast these spells defensively and can attempt concentration checks for these spells while bloodraging. While bloodraging, he can cast and concentrate on only his bloodrager spells; spells from other classes cannot be cast during this state.
- Eschew Materials: At 4th level, the bloodrager gains Eschew Materials as a bonus feat.
- Spells: Beginning at 4th level, a bloodrager gains the ability to cast a small number of arcane spells drawn from the bloodrager spell list. To learn or cast a spell, a bloodrager must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + the spell level. He can cast spells he knows without preparing them ahead of time. The saving throw DC against a bloodrager’s spell is 10 + the spell level + the bloodrager’s Charisma modifier.
Like other spellcasters, a bloodrager can cast only a certain number of spells of each level per day. His base daily spell allotment is given on the table above. In addition, he receives bonus spells per day if he has a high Charisma score. The bloodrager does not need to prepare these spells in advance; he can cast any spell he knows at any time, assuming he hasn’t yet used up his allotment of spells per day for the spell’s level.
The bloodrager’s selection of spells is limited. At 4th level, a bloodrager knows two 1st-level spells of his choice. A bloodrager gains more spells as he increases in level, as indicated on the table above. Unlike spells per day, the number of spells a bloodrager knows is not affected by his Charisma score, but it is affected by any bonus spells he gains from his bloodline. At 8th level and every 3 levels thereafter, a bloodrager can choose to learn a new spell in place of one he already knows. This swap follows all the same rules as for a sorcerer.
Androffan-inscribed Black Horses spear (Moncrief has engraved his spear with what he believes are powerful Androffan spells and circuit designs) (stored at Val and Khonnir’s)
2 silver hunga mungas
Kikko armor (stored at Val and Khonnir’s)
Numerian fluid in lucky stein with engraving resembling Vrix (stored at Val and Khonnir’s)
Vat-grown bulette-skin cybernetically-deployable arm sail (treat as heavy wooden shield)
Sewing kit to repair holes in (purple) breeches caused by shifting
Ranger’s kit (backpack, a bedroll, a belt pouch, a flint and steel, iron pot, mess kit, rope, torches (10), trail rations (5 days), and a waterskin; replenished in Torch before Scrapwall)
Ring of protection + 1
cloak of resistance + 1
2 cure light wounds potions
2 cure moderate wounds potions
+1 composite long bow, 30 arrows
greatclub +1 dipped in Smiler gore, installed with purple Torch LEDs
wand of ray of exhaustion (18)
Moncrief the Unborn was an experiment in one of the strange labs in Starfall. Fortunately for him, on the day that the experiment completed, a Black Horses emissary was passing by the lab. She had been hoping to convince Kevoth-Kul to reconcile with the Black Horses, but when her mission failed, she found the infant Moncrief unattended for a moment. She stole him. Her name was Avar-Trise, and she raised Moncrief as her own (she was barren). Never during his upbringing did he and his mother receive anything more than grudging tolerance from his tribe.
Driven by bloodlines and circuitry to seek a fortune different from – and, he hopes, greater than – strife and death in the neverending clan raids, Moncrief has for the last year lived in Torch. He keeps quiet about his feelings for the Technic League, but when he can, he works to undermine them. He is eager to find Khonnir Baine because Baine’s return may hasten the League’s downfall. He is convinced that he is a true sorcerous and technological talent, and he is zealously committed to using his (supposed) expertise to bring down the Black Sovereign.